Jocelyn graduated from the Australian Film Television and Radio School in 1984. Her short film PROOF, which starred Hugo Weaving and Russell Crowe had its world premiere in Director’s Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival in 1991. The film screened at numerous international film festivals, winning many awards including the Sutherland Trophy by the British Film Institute, Critic’s Choice Award at Sao Paulo International Film Festival and Bronze Award at Tokyo International Film Festival.
In 1994 Jocelyn moved to Los Angeles to direct HOW TO MAKE AN AMERICAN QUILT (1995) which starred Winona Ryder and Anne Bancroft and A THOUSAND ACRES (1997) which starred Michele Pfeiffer, Jessica Lang and Colin Firth. She works closely with her husband PJ Hogan and was producer on his films MURIEL’S WEDDING, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, PETER PAN and MENTAL.
In 2012 she returned to Australia and directed her first stage play, SEX WITH STRANGERS by Laura Eason, at the Sydney Theatre Company under the artistic directorship of Cate Blanchett and Andrew Upton. In 2015 Jocelyn wrote and directed the feature film, THE DRESSMAKER which starred Kate Winslet, Judy Davis and Liam Hemsworth and premiered at Toronto Film Festival. The film received 13 AACTA nominations winning in 4 categories as well as receiving the People’s Choice Award for Favourite Australian Film and going on to screen at many film festivals in Australia and internationally. In 2016 Jocelyn received the following awards: The Adrienne Fancey Best Film Award at The Women’s International Film & Television Showcase (WIFTS); Best Screenplay, AFCA Award and Audience Favourite, Silver Award, Mind the Gap Women, Mill Valley Film Festival. Her TV credits include WANTED (2018) for Channel 7/Netflix, LES NORTON (2019), set up director for Roadshow Rough Diamond/ABC and STATELESS (2019) for ABC produced by Tony Ayres and Cate Blanchett. In 2019 Jocelyn’s memoir, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, a memoir of filmmaking and motherhood, was published by Text Publishing. She has feature films in development with Sue Maslin and Lucky Chap.
- Client Type: Directors Film Directors Film Writers Television Directors Television Writers Theatre Directors Theatre Writers Writers
- Email Agent
- Netflix picks up STATELESS! Congrats to HLA power-team JOCELYN MOORHOUSE, BONNIE ELLIOT and MARIOT KERR
- STATELESS receiving a wonderful write-up in SMH. Congratulations BONNIE ELLIOT and JOCELYN MOORHOUSE
- WAKEFIELD is underway! KRISTEN DUNPHY and JOCELYN MOORHOUSE working hard on this new, original ABC series!
- Les Norton
- Author Talk with Jocelyn Moorhouse
- Jocelyn Moorhouse to direct STATELESS
- Muriel’s Wedding the Musical: A resounding hit
- Director Jocelyn Moorhouse is teaming up with Andrew Knight for WWII film THE WEDDING OFFICER
- 2016 ADG Award Nominees
- Neil Armfield, Jocelyn Moorhouse, Gillian Armstrong, Roger Ford and Steve Worland nominated 2015 FCCA Awards